Friday, January 29, 2016

Linksys Router WRT1900AC v2 - issue with speed (requiring daily reset)??


If this process do not help you. Free To call me on my Tollfree :- 1-800-986-6406Visit Our Site Click Here And Get Free Diagnosis For PC or Router Problem..

Info and troubleshooting you tried:
  • This problem did NOT exist with any of my old routers, it is not the wiring in my house or the modem. Resetting the modem doesnt help at all when the problem happens, the router reboot is the only thing that fixes it. I had a Asus Dark Knight router for 2 years with no issues at all, wish I kept it. And My D-Link router before that for many years, no issues. Again too, my v1 WRT router didnt show this problem for 2 months, it just fancied rebooting itself whenever it wanted to 
  • The problem persists across multiple devices (2 laptops will experience the same speed drops and tests)
  • Attached are photos of my settings and the speedtests. 
  • Firmware = 2.0.7.167471
  • Media Prioritization = OFF
  • Distance to router = 10 ft line of sight
  • Link rate on 5 GHz = 866.7 Mbps ((Intel 7260 AC adapter)
  • I have looked at inSSIDER in the past and used it before, I'm not in an appartment building but obviously there are routers in the neighborhood. Channel 11 is heaviest, so I am on channel 6. I have tried manual channel changing on 5GHz (same issue occurs), but I am the ONLY 5GHz radio in the neighborhood, so I'm all alone there. Because the problem happens on both radios, I'd assume it is not a channel issue. 
  • I have tried different bandwidth settings, but the same issue occurs (20/40/auto)
  • It's NOT due to over use or massive data transfer or anything, my wife and I hardly stream online video, and it's just us two on the router. The network could just be sitting idle with no streaming activity for hours, and the problem will happen. 
  • I will right now try manually loading the latest (same version) firmware, and doing a factory reset, load my settings, and try again a few days, just looking for some input as I need to get this nailed down before I can no longer return it. I will monitor this thread and report back if the issue happens again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment